Saturday, August 26, 2006

Make a wish: Amy Bruce... disappear!

Chain Letters... They make me #@!%&. I tend to delete them when I receive it, untill I got this one:

Hi, my name is Amy Bruce. I am 7 years old, and I have severe lung cancer. I also have a large tumor in my brain, from repeated beatings. Doctors say I will die soon if this isn't fixed, and my family can't pay the bills. The Make A Wish Foundation, has agreed to donate 7 cents for every time this message is sent on. For those of you who send this along, I thank you so much, but for those who don't send it, what goes around comes around. Have a Heart, please send this. Please, if you are a kind person, send this on.
YOUR'S FAITHFULLY,
AMY BRUCE
(PLEASE HELP ME LIVE LIKE YOU DO)

What would your normal reaction be to the e-mail?

Then I visited the page here that said the following:

Amy Bruce (also known as 15-year old Kayla Wightman)
This Internet-based chain letter claims that a 7-year-old girl named Amy Bruce, who is suffering from a brain tumor and lung cancer, will receive 7 cents from the Make-A-Wish Foundation® each time her letter is forwarded via e-mail. This request is false. The International office of the Foundation has contacted the originator's Internet service provider to pursue the matter.


I feel it is unfair for people to create false stories like these when there is still caring people around the world. This is not the first time I received this particular e-mail. Please stop sending this to me, because soon I will get cries of help and just stop caring any longer.